Please Note: FleetWeather are NOT ACTIVELY HIRING for this role at the moment. Please get in touch if you are interested in working with us and we will keep you on our system.
FleetWeather are a technology company and we embrace a permanent work from home culture. We are currently holding interviews. We have a robust career development plan linked to professional accreditation and a fast track to higher-level positions. Since Weather is a 24/7 hour business you will be working in shifts, including weekends, evenings and nights on a “3 days on 3 days off” watch system. We are looking for people who enjoy working together with a team of energetic, innovative and creative colleagues.
Do you want to learn global weather patterns and keep ships safe at sea? Do you want to work in a team environment with lots of opportunities for training and professional development? Plus 22 days annual leave? Then jump on-board!
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
- High attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong math skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of global geography with an emphasis on ocean basins and shipping ports
- Ability to efficiently locate and plot latitude/longitude points across the globe
- Eager to learn and develop a career in the maritime industry
- Shift work including weekends/holidays
- Review, evaluate, quality control and enter vessel data provided by ship captains from all around the world
- Communicate with vessel captains regarding their vessel data and routing/forecast decisions
- Work with proprietary software to track vessel data along oceanic voyages
- Heavy use of software applications and the Internet
- Ability to work under time constraints and stay focused and sharp
- Providing superior customer service to clients worldwide
- Training on marine forecasting and learning of global weather patterns
- Training on preparing route recommendations and forecasts for vessels worldwide
- Professional development to advance into further Marine Forecaster positions quickly
How to Apply
Get in Touch
Even thought we are not actively recruiting for this role, we’d like to hear from anyone who is as passionate about meteorology and keeping ships safe at sea as we are! Please send your details here.