FleetWeather is a technology company and we embrace a permanent work from home culture. We are currently holding interviews. We have a robust career development plan linked to professional accreditation and a fast track to higher-level positions. Since Weather is a 24/7 hour business you will be working in shifts, including weekends, evenings and nights on a “3 days on 3 days off” watch system. We are looking for people who enjoy working together with a team of energetic, innovative and creative colleagues.
Do you want to learn global weather patterns and keep ships safe at sea? Do you want to work in a team environment with lots of opportunities for training and professional development? Plus 22 days annual leave? Then jump on-board!
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
- High attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong math skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of global geography with an emphasis on ocean basins and shipping ports
- Ability to efficiently locate and plot latitude/longitude points across the globe
- Eager to learn and develop a career in the maritime industry
- Shift work including weekends/holidays
- Review, evaluate, quality control and enter vessel data provided by ship captains from all around the world
- Communicate with vessel captains regarding their vessel data and routing/forecast decisions
- Work with proprietary software to track vessel data along oceanic voyages
- Heavy use of software applications and the Internet
- Ability to work under time constraints and stay focused and sharp
- Providing superior customer service to clients worldwide
- Training on marine forecasting and learning of global weather patterns
- Training on preparing route recommendations and forecasts for vessels worldwide
- Professional development to advance into further Marine Forecaster positions quickly
Already a Marine Forecaster?
We want to hear from you too. Please follow the steps below on how to apply and we would be happy to discuss your qualifications.